Calaveras County employees deliver a wide range of services to county residents and include law enforcement, public safety employees, skilled craftspeople, custodians, health care professionals, engineers and office support staff, among many others. During negotiations with its employee unions, the County strives to strike a balance between maintaining and improving services to County residents, and ensuring that the employees who provide those services are compensated and treated fairly.
Human Resources is responsible for fostering harmonious and collaborative labor management relations between employee organizations and the County. In this effort, we are charged with:
- Negotiating labor agreements with recognized employee organizations;
- Administering labor agreements for 6 bargaining units; CCPSEA, CMU, CSU, DSA, SEIU and Sheriff’s Management;
- Resolving contract disputes through mediation, arbitration and administrative hearings;
- Administering employee relations statutes, ordinances and policies; and
- Providing advice and counsel to County management regarding labor relations issues.
The Human Resources Department works closely with the County Administrative Officer and County
Counsel in providing assistance and direction to the County supervisors and managers.
Employer-Employee Relations Resolution