Welcome to the Calaveras County Human Resources Benefits page. Calaveras County offers a comprehensive benefits package to regular full-time and part-time employees who work at least 20 hours a week. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the needs of all employees and their family members.
County Contribution towards Medical Insurance for employees:
FOR SEIU BENEFITS COSTS PLEASE - CLICK HERE.
FOR UNREPRESENTED UNITS BENEFITS COSTS - CLICK HERE
FOR DSA, SMU, CCPSEA, AND BOS UNITS BENEFITS COSTS - CLICK HERE
Cash - In - Lieu (CIL) of Medical Insurance: Employees may opt out of medical insurance coverage and receive $300 per month. Employee must provide proof of current medical coverage under another plan. Employees electing to take CIL will be eligible to receive dental and vision at no cost for themselves and dependents.
2019 BENEFIT/OPEN ENROLLMENT INFORMATION - CLICK HERE
Anthem Blue Cross PPO plans with an Out Of Area plan for some remote locations. Members of DSA may chose any of the three plans.
Incentive Plan 80/20 with $500 individual / $1000 family deductible
Core Plan 8/20 with $1500 individual / $4500 family deductible
Law Enforcement Plan (DSA & Sheriff's Management) 90/10 with $300 individual / $900 family deductible
Anthem Blue Cross Emergency Room Guide
Anthem Blue Cross Emergency Room Guide - VIDEO
Have you ever needed a doctor afterhours or were too busy make an appointment? Now you can see a doctor any time of the day or night, no matter where you are, as long as you have an internet connection and camera on your device.
Anthem Blue Cross - LiveHealthOnline.com
Anthem Blue Cross - LIveHealthOnline - VIDEO
Anthem Blue Cross - FAQ
Anthem Blue Cross - Information Flyer
Anthem Blue Cross - App Information
Introducing Carrum Health ~
This is an enhanced surgery benefit available to active employees, early retirees, COBRA participants and their eligible dependents with our health insurance.
- Eligible surgical procedures include hip and knee replacements, bariatric and several spine injuries.
- Copays, deductibles and coinsurance are fully waived for the surgical procedures available through Carrum.
- Under the Carrum Health Surgery benefit program, you are personally assigned Carrum "Care Concierge" who will gather and transfer medical records, help complete forms, assist in the selection of a surgeon, schedule the surgery, make travel arrangements (if necessary), and coordinate post-discharge recovery care.
For more information visit the Carrum webpage.
SOLERA 16-WEEK HEALTHY LIFESTYLE DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAM (DPP)
Solera is a 16-Week, cutting edge program that can help you lose weight, adopt healthy habits and significantly reduce your risk fo developing type 2 diabetes. And it's available at no cost to qualified health plan members.
DPP Flyer - Change Your Life in 16 Weeks
DPP FAQ Sheet
Prescription Plan for each plan above.
2018 Excluded Medications
SMART90 Express Scripts Program
Effective January 1, 2019, as part of your prescription benefit, you have access to a money-saving feature for your maintenance medications (those drugs you take regularly for ongoing conditions). Through your plan, you could pay less when you fill a 90-day supply of your maintenance medications at a preferred pharmacy than you would pay for three 30-day supplies at a non-preferred retail pharmacy. For savings and convenience, take advantage of home delivery from the Express Scripts Pharmacy. Get 90-day supplies of your medications delivered direct to you, safely and securely, with free standard shipping.
Comprehensive Dental Plan through Delta Dental. No deductible. Max benefit per year $2600.
Vision Services Plan-VSP provides eye exams every 12 months, lenses every 12 months and frames every 24 months. $10 co-pay.
WE'VE GOT APPS!
Ben-IQ Anthem Blue Cross Delta Dental VSP
Ben-IQ Toolkit Downloading
RETIREMENT: CalPERS. Formula dependent on status with CalPERS (Classic or New PEPRA member)
- CalPERS Classic Members: Classic employees that first became members on or after July 1, 1996 are subject to an annual compensation limit. The 2018 limit is $275,000. Employees do not pay contributions on amounts exceeding $265,000 and compensation earned beyond the limit will not be considered when CalPERS calculates the single highest year pensionable compensation average. The County does not participate in Social Security but does contribute to Medicare.
- Classic Regular: Qualifying retirees are eligible to receive a lifetime pension which at 55 would be equal to 2% of your highest annual wage (see compensation cap above) multiplied by your years of service.
- Classic Safety: Qualifying retirees are eligible to receive a lifetime pension which at 50 would be equal to 3% of your highest annual wage (see compensation cap above) multiplied by your years of services.
PEPRA MEMBERS (HIre on or after 1/1/2013)
- CalPERS New PEPRA Members: New members are subject to an annual compensation limit that is regulated by CalPERS and changes periodically. Employees do not pay contributions on amounts exceeding the 2018 limit of $145,666 and compensation earned beyond the limit will not be considered when CalPERS calculates the 3‐year pensionable compensation average. The County does not participate in Social Security but does contribute to Medicare.
- PEPRA Regular: Qualifying retirees are eligible to receive a lifetime pension which at 62 would be equal to 2% of your highest 3-year compensation wage average (see compensation cap above) multiplied by your years of service. Employees contribute 50% of the normal cost as determined by CalPERS.
- PEPRA Safety: Qualifying retirees are eligible to receive a lifetime pension which at 57 would be equal to 2.7% of your highest 3-year compensation wage average (see compensation cap above) multiplied by your years of service. Employees contribute 50% of the normal cost as determined by CalPERS.
Retirement Savings Plan (457b): Company matches up to $25 a month, excluding DSA & Sheriff's Management. Calaveras County Public Safety Employees Association receives $50 a month.
New Online Enrollment
County Provided Life Insurance: $50,000
County Provided Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): Medical and Dependent Care reimbursement accounts.
Supplemental Insurance Plans: You may purchase through
- Chimienti & Associates
Vacation (Pro-rated for those working less than 100%):
- Date of hire through 3 complete years of continuous service = 80 hours per year.
- 4 years - 9 years = 120 hours per year
- 10+ years = 160 hours per year.
- Max accumulation: Double what you earn annually
- Eligibility: After 6 months of employment you may begin using vacation time, up to 40 hours.
Sick Leave: Twelve (12) days annual sick leave accrual with unlimited accumulation. (Pro-rated for those working less than 100%):
Family Sick Leave: Sixty (60) hours of sick leave can be used to care for immediate family; parent, spouse, child, sibling. DSA is allowed forty-four (44) hours.
Bereavement Leave: Twenty-four (24) hours paid leave for immediate family.
Holidays: Thirteen (13) paid holidays
Management Time Off (MTO): 40 hours annually, if applicable. Pro-rated to 20 hours if hired after June 30th.
Sheriff's Management Time Off (SMTO): 80 hours annually. Pro-rated to 40 hours if promoted after June 30th.
MERIT AND LONGEVITY
Merit Increases: After successful completion of your probationary period, a 5% merit increase may be granted. Merit increases may be granted annually thereafter to the top step.
Entry-Level Deputy Sheriff Merit Increases: After successful completion of 13 pay periods, a 5% merit increase may be granted.
Longevity Incentives: A 2.5% incentive will be earned at 6, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service.
DSA & Sheriff's Management Longevity Incentives: 2.5% at 5.5 and 15 years of service.
Probation Period: New employees remain in a probationary status for one (1) year = 26 pay periods.
- SEIU Boot Allowance: Specific classifications (see MOU) are allowed $150 per year distributed once a year in the first full pay period in December - prorated depending on the month you start.
- SEIU Uniform Allowance: Specific classifications (see MOU) are allowed $600 per calendar year. Payments will be made monthly on the second paycheck.
- CCPSEA Uniform Allowance: Specific classifications (see MOU) are allowed $650 per calendar year. Payments will be made every other pay period.
- CCPSEA Uniform Shirt Allowance: Animal Shelter Assistant $200 per year. Payments will be made monthly on the second paycheck.
- Bi-Lingual Pay ($75 per month for specific approved employees)
DSA SPECIFIC ALLOWANCES
- DSA Uniform Allowance: $1025 per calendar year. Payments will be made monthly on the second paycheck.
- DSA K-9 Allowance: Handlers will be paid thirty (30) minutes per day, seven (7) days per week, at one and one-half (1 ½ ) times the regular rate of pay whether on or off duty, for the time caring for an assigned K-9 including, but not limited to, handling, training, walking, boarding, feeding, grooming, veterinary examinations, or otherwise caring for the dog.
- DSA Assignment Pay: 2.5% for Bilingual, Search & Rescue, Bomb Squad, Dive Team, Hostage Negotiations and S.W.A.T.
DSA and Sheriff's Management Education Incentives:
- AA Degree………………………………………… 3.0%
- Advanced POST……………………………….…...5.0%
- AA Degree and Advanced POST Certificate…....7.5%
- BA/BS Degree………………………………….…. 5.5%
- BA/BS and Advanced POST Certificate….….…10.0%
- Masters Degree…………………………….….….10.0%
- DSA POST Supervisory Certificate………………2.5%
- DSA POST Management Certificate……………..2.5%
- SMU POST Supervisory Certificate.....................3.5%
- SMU POST Management Certificate...................3.5%
- SMU POST Executive Certificate........................3.5%