Apply Now! Position is open until filled!
2% COLA effective June 23, 2018
Salary: $15.76 /hr.
Job Type: Full - Time
Job Status: Extra-Hire
The Calaveras County Mental Health division of the Health and Human Services Agency is seeking an Extra-Hire full-time Community Service Liaison. Under general direction of the Mental Health Director, the incumbent to this position represents a specific population and/or peer group for resource development, coordination and liaison between agencies and consumers.
- Assist in the coordination and development of support services to targeted populations as specified by grant/allocation funding;
- Serve as a peer representative to program activities/meetings;
- Participate in training activities as directed;
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with internal staff and external resources;
- Assist with administrative/clerical tasks as assigned;
- Utilize skills in engaging and working with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups;
- Provide direct assistance to targeted populations as specified by grant funding sources;
- Provide empathetic peer support; link targeted population to appropriate resources, advocating for them when necessary;
- Participate in production and/or distribution of support and/or educational materials (e.g., newsletters).
Mental health issues within the targeted population groups; familiarity with community resources and service agencies, including both private and other public agencies, social and economic problems which call for the use of public and private county services.
Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage tasks as assigned; communicate orally and in writing on a variety of issues; develop and maintain harmonious relationships with employees, public officials, community groups, other agencies and the general public.
Education, Training and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school. Any combination of additional education and experience which would provide the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed. Previous experience as a consumer or family member of mental health or related public health services preferred.
Licenses, Certificates, or Registrations:
Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County application
- Cover letter
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete application information will result in the candidate being screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process.
This class description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Not all duties are necessarily performed by each incumbent. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.