CONTINUOUS SEASONAL RECRUITMENT
SALARY: $21.86 /hr.
UNIT: Unrepresented - seasonal
County of Calaveras is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Calaveras County Public Works Department is seeking Emergency Snow Plow Drivers to join their on-call team.
This is the entry-level classification for the Emergency Snow Plow Driver series. Incumbents in this class work under close supervision and receive temporary assignments related to emergency response needs; they primarily operate snow removal equipment but may do other work related to establishing and maintaining safe roads and travel conditions.
Current DMV printout (dated within 30 days of application) must be submitted with application-no exceptions.
- Operates snow removal and other equipment;
- Inspects roads and responds to road maintenance needs due to adverse weather and other conditions;
- Installs, maintains, replaces, and repairs county road traffic control and warning signs;
- May order and stock needed materials;
- Performs semiskilled carpentry and concrete work in the construction and maintenance of steel reinforced bridges, culverts, cattle guards, retaining walls, curbs and related structures;
- May build forms, mixes and pours concrete.
- Perform a variety of road maintenance functions such as patching roads, cutting brush, cleaning culverts or ditches or painting guardrails.
- Care for and service equipment
Operation and routine maintenance of road equipment including loaders, trucks, rollers, tractors, compressors and related equipment; tools, methods and materials used in road or bridge construction and maintenance work; tools, methods and equipment used in the fabrication, installation and maintenance of traffic control and warning signs; safe work practices.
Skillfully and safely operate light and moderately heavy power equipment, including snow removal equipment; understand and carry out oral and written directions; perform physical labor requiring manual dexterity and agility; detect required mechanical repair work; read and write at the level required for successful job performance; maintain cooperative working relationships.
Education, Training and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school plus one year of road and maintenance and construction experience involving the operation of snow plow, snow removal and other motorized equipment.
Licenses, Certificates, or Registrations:
Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County application
- DMV Printout no more than 30 days old
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete application information will result in the candidate being screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process.