Apply immediately! Position is open until filled.
SALARY: $67,246 - $81,744 /yr.
County of Calaveras is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Calaveras County Information Technology Division of the Administrative Office is seeking an experienced security analyst.
Under direction, performs a variety of professional level information technology activities related to the coordination and implementation of County-wide cyber security compliance activities and operations, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information technology systems; participates in design, deployment and administration of networks, servers, databases, PCs and applications in a Microsoft/Cisco network environment; provides expertise in cyber security for the organization; assesses information and facilitates remediation of identified vulnerabilities with the County enterprise network, systems and applications; report on findings and recommendations for corrective action; and performs a variety of professional and technical level tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility. Occasional overtime, evening and weekend work is required for this position.
This is a single position classification within the Information Technology Division and serves as a senior level technical resource for County information security matters and also assumes responsibility for leading various operational and technical security-related activities that impact the County's most complex and strategic systems, network and database operations. The Security Analyst will have a high level of knowledge and experience of Microsoft and Cisco production environments. The candidate may have earned industry recognized security certifications including CCNA, CCNP, CISSP and CISM. The candidate will have demonstrated abilities to develop and deploy security related policies and procedures in support of Governmental Regulations, Industry Best Practices, and County Requirements. The candidate will possess excellent communication skills and will have demonstrated abilities to develop detailed Policies and Procedures. Incumbents perform work of a professional nature, utilizing skills that require an understanding of the most complex analytical procedures and processes in the Division while working with a very high level of independent authority and judgment.
- Participates in development and implementation of a comprehensive cyber security program by researching, identifying, and analyzing existing and potential security threats that could harm or destroy County information assets;
- Participates in design, development, deployment and management of complex County Networks;
- Participates in complex projects designed to provide for the protection of County information assets;
- Participates in activities to prevent data loss and service interruptions;
- Recommends solutions and appropriate technology to meet County needs;
- Designs project and resource plans and schedules;
- Evaluates proposed system hardware and software to ensure compatibility with existing systems;
- Coordinates with vendors and contractors;
- Develops, implements, maintains and tests Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations measures that ensure continual operational readiness of County systems;
- Participates in short and long-range Information Technology planning;
- Researches and evaluates new networking products and the overall communication strategy of network infrastructure;
- Coordinates/performs risk assessments and testing of networks and systems;
- Performs threat hunting activities including intrusion detection, firewall log analysis, Security Information and Event Management analysis, and malware analysis;
- Performs security incident response activities, including containment, eradication, and recovery of affected systems;
- Researches and prepares technical, administrative and statistical reports;
- Prepares written correspondence;
- Provides direct support to the CIO in CIO’s role as the central point of contact for the County regarding information technology-related incidents or violations;
- Assists information technology staff and others (e.g., law enforcement, auditors) in investigating security violations;
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings;
- Stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information technology, in general and information security in particular; Stays current with new security threats and methods to mitigate the threats;
- Plans, organizes and coordinates committees, task forces and meetings to identify, resolve and administer security-related issues and activities;
- Researches and recommends centralized written manuals and procedures regarding security controls;
- Develop, and implement information security policies, procedures and create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
- Facilitates IT security/risk training curriculum;
- Develop policies, procedures and standards that meet existing and newly developed policy and regulatory requirements including HIPAA, HITECH, MEDS, DOJ CJIS, PCI and State of California guidance;
- Investigates new methods and procedures related to Information Security;
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, other County employees and the public using principles of good customer service;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Principles and practices of information technology systems and functions; advanced principles and practices of system design, development, analysis, testing and security administration; advanced methods and techniques of evaluating information security requirements and developing security solutions for County systems; advanced methods and techniques of developing data security, integrity, backup and recovery processes; project management methodologies; standards and methods related to computerized data systems analysis and use; written documentation methods related to highly complex technical work; principles and practices of customer service.
Plan, develop, establish, monitor and maintain system security strategies; interpret and explain pertinent emergency preparedness and department policies and procedures; serve as technical advisor regarding information security; analyze department procedures and data to develop logical security solutions for complex systems; recommend, evaluate, design, develop, test and install complex security systems including specialized applications and supporting hardware and software; develop and recommend policies and procedures related to assigned operations; effectively manage complex projects; effectively lead cross-functional teams; prepare a variety of reports and maintain accurate records and files; identify and assess alternative problem solving methods/techniques; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; use good judgment in choosing among available alternatives, in recognizing scope of authority, in seeking assistance and in making referrals; handle confidential material and contacts with discretion; operate office equipment and automated systems.
Education, Training and Experience:
Equivalent to completion of core course work from an accredited college or university leading to a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field and three years of increasingly responsible professional, analytical computer and related systems experience in an information systems environment that included substantial responsibility for planning, administering and ensuring Network and other systems security; or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Licenses, Certificates, or Registrations:
Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County application
- Cover letter
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete application information will result in the candidate being screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process.