APPLY NOW! POSITIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary: (I) $26.66 - $32.42 /hr. (II) $30.65 - $37.28 /hr.
Range: 7786 / 7787
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full-Time
Calaveras County is recruting to fill two (2) vacant positions.
Under direction to perform responsible technical analysis of varying difficulty related to the administration of Public Works projects and regulation of private land use development; and perform other duties as required.
Public Works Analyst I
This classification is the entry-level position. Incumbents are expected to perform professional technical work of average difficulty while being trained in departmental procedures and more complex technical methodologies.
Public Works Analyst II
This classification if the journey level position in the professional technical series. Incumbents are expected to perform difficult professional work and may be assigned responsibility for small projects or portions of major projects.
- Performs professional technical work and public works inspection duties as assigned.
- Serves as a professional resource to staff, the public and other agencies on technical subjects.
- Develops and establishes program priorities for assigned projects.
- Handles professional work related to projects and professional services contracts.
- Prepares and approves documents for projects such as bid proposals; reviews consultants’ work for contract conformance and assists legal staff in resolving contract disputes.
- Inspects projects and write progress reports.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of project plans and specifications.
- Performs difficult professional technical work on major projects including cost analysis and preparation of projected timetables.
- Develops progress reports and performs specialized research.
- Directs the work of professional and technical subordinates assigned to specific projects.
- Prepares annual and long-range budgets for assigned section and/or special taxing districts.
- Reviews and monitors budgets and project expenditures.
- May make presentations to various boards, commissions and agencies.
- Reviews and analyzes legislative impact on applicable regulations and requirements.
- Drafts code and regulations in compliance with legislative revisions.
- May serve as a witness in court.
Principles, practices and techniques of physics; statistics and mathematics including algebra and analytical geometry; use of computers and surveying instruments.
Organize work, establish priorities and set goals and objectives; identify and define technical problems, apply principles of logic and scientific reasoning to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action to determine appropriate solutions; apply principles of supervision as they relate to training, directing and reviewing the work of subordinates; read, understand and interpret complex technical and legal documents, math, technical drawings and plans, and other technical material related to hydraulics, soil mechanics, surveying and related disciplines; effectively prepare and present, with technical accuracy, reports, correspondence and records; meet deadlines and work under pressure; maintain effective working relationships with others including representatives from government and private agencies.
Education, Training and Experience:
Public Works Analyst I:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Science Degree in physical science or a closely related field. Six (6) years of technical/professional level experience may be substituted for the Bachelor of Science degree.
Public Works Analyst II:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Science in physical science or a closely related area of study and two years of increasingly responsible/professional experience. Six
years of technical/professional level experience may be substituted for the Bachelor of Science degree.
Licenses, Certificates, or Registrations:
Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County Application
- Cover letter
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete application information will result in the candidate being screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process.