Apply Now! Position is open until filled.
2% COLA effective January 5, 2019
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Status: Extra-Hire
The Calaveras County Mental Health division of the Health and Human Services Agency is seeking two extra-hire part-time Community Service Liaisons to assist with operations of the Peer Center. Incumbents will work 19 hours a week.
This position assists the Program Coordinator in the daily operations of the Peer Center by providing peer-to-peer services including but not limited to: providing a welcoming atmosphere; serving as a role model for Wellness and Recovery; maintaining the calendar of activities, and; assisting consumers with identifying and pursuing resources.
- Assist in the coordination and development of support services to targeted populations as specified by grant/allocation funding;
- Serve as a peer representative to program activities/meetings;
- Participate in training activities as directed;
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with internal staff and external resources;
- Assist with administrative/clerical tasks as assigned;
- Utilize skills in engaging and working with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups;
- Provide direct assistance to targeted populations as specified by grant funding sources;
- Provide empathetic peer support; link targeted population to appropriate resources, advocating for them when necessary;
- Participate in production and/or distribution of support and/or educational materials (e.g., newsletters).
Mental health issues within the targeted population groups; familiarity with community resources and service agencies, including both private and other public agencies, social and economic problems which call for the use of public and private county services.
Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage tasks as assigned; communicate orally and in writing on a variety of issues; develop and maintain harmonious relationships with employees, public officials, community groups, other agencies and the general public.
Training and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience which would provide the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed. Previous experience as a consumer or family member of mental health or related public health services preferred.
Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County application
- Cover letter
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete application information will result in the candidate being screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process.
The purpose of this supplemental questionnaire is to assess your qualifications, training, and experience in specific job related areas. Your answer to this question, along with your completed application, will be used to select the most suitably qualified candidates for the interview process. Applications submitted without completed Supplemental Question will not be given further consideration.
Respond to each question fully, but limit your response to only one to two “8-1/2 x 11” sheets of paper (single or double spaced.) Responses must be legible. Typewritten responses are preferred.
- What are the three most important things you have learned about working with people?
Mobility to work in a standard office environment; use standard office equipment and attend off-site meetings; physical ability to sit or otherwise remain stationary at work post for long periods of time; manual dexterity to use standard office equipment and supplies and to manipulate both singe sheets of paper and large document holders (binders, manuals, etc.); vision to read handwritten and printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and by telephone and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds such as computer monitors, laptops, and printers for distances up to 100 feet.
This class description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Not all duties are necessarily performed by each incumbent. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.