Apply Now! Position is open until filled.
SALARY: $25.58 - $31.11 /hr.
County of Calaveras is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Experienced Case Manager needed to provide crisis case management services to adults and children under direction and supervision. Incumbent may also provide individual or group rehabilitation services and psycho-education to adults or children with serious mental illness. Spanish Bilingual Preferred.
Under general direction and supervision, provides case management services, crisis intervention, individual and group rehabilitation services and psycho education to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or children and youth with serious behavioral and emotional disorders and/or substance abuse disorders, and/or conservantees.
This is the journey-level position in the Case Manager classification series. Applicants are expected to possess considerable knowledge regarding the provision of case management services and community resources related to mental health and/or substance abuse and related issues. Applicants are also expected to understand the principles of behavioral health and/or substance abuse services, principles and practices of case management, rehabilitation methodologies, social aspects of mental illness, addiction and substance abuse and the scope of activities of public and private health and social services agencies.
- Evaluates and provides intervention for crisis, including after-hours as necessary;
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of interventions and activities, provides necessary reports to other agencies;
- Develops and maintains resource listings for professional assistance;
- Collaborates with staff and external agency personnel or providers such as hospitals, law enforcement, and schools, according to state, federal and agency guidelines in a system of care model to develop relationships and integrated treatment to achieve optimal outcomes for consumers;
- Participates in community activities dealing with issues related to the impact of mental illnesses and substance use/addiction on the community and on consumers of behavioral health services and their families;
- Supports medical staff, clinical staff, administrative staff, consumer employees and volunteers in accomplishing overall consumer and agency goals;
- May be responsible for orientation, education and rehabilitation services for individuals or groups;
- Provides recommendations to staff and/or family members involved with consumer;
- Meets with consumers to monitor their status and to assist with recovery from mental illnesses and disorders;
- Provides necessary reports to agencies; develops resource listings for professional assistance;
- May transport consumers to and from facilities;
- Support efforts and programs specific to Health and Human Services Agency programs as determined by program assignment;
- Attends staff meetings, treatment planning and monitoring through utilization management and review;
- May serve as departmental contact with County Counsel regarding requests for and implementation of conservatorship(s) as required; and
- Assists support functions including arranging required psychiatric hospitalizations, emergency/crisis assistance, follow-up, discharge planning and related functions.
- Participates in both Medi-Cal and Peer Review Committee activities.
Community resources related to mental health and/or addiction or substance abuse and related issues, and a general understanding of principles and practices of case management, social aspects of mental illness, emotional and behavioral disorders, addiction and substance abuse; scope and activities of public and private health and welfare agencies.
Apply the principles of current mental health and/or addiction or substance abuse treatment practices, agency policies and procedures; establish and maintain the confidence and cooperation of persons contacted in the course of the work; write clear, accurate and concise notes and reports; maintain an objective and empathetic understanding of mental illness, emotional and behavioral disorders, addiction, substance abuse, and related problems.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from high school and six years of experience performing duties equivalent to those of a Case Manager I; OR
An Associate’s Degree in Human Services, or a related field, and three years of experience performing duties equivalent to those of a Case Manager I; OR
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work, chemical dependency, or a related field and one year of experience performing duties equivalent to those of a Case Manager I.
Licenses, Certificates, or Registrations:
Possession of a valid California driver’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Calaveras County application
- Cover letter
- Supplemental Questions
Application materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which applicants will continue in the screening process. Incomplete application information will result in the candidate being screened out of the process. Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process.
The purpose of this supplemental question is to assess your qualifications, training, and experience in specific job related areas. Your answers to these questions, along with your completed application, will be used to select the most suitably qualified candidates for the interview process. Applications submitted without completed Supplemental Questionnaire will not be given further consideration.
Respond to the questions fully, including any specific experience and accomplishments, but limit your response to only one “8-1/2 x 11” sheet of paper. Responses must be legible. Typewritten responses are preferred.
Submit your completed application materials to the County of Calaveras, Human Resources and Risk Management Department, 891 Mountain Ranch Road, San Andreas, CA 95249,
Attn: Deborah Schoeman.
1. How do you manage your personal boundaries and limits in response to a stressful job?
2. What is your case management style?